Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bertha



So many people hear me talk about Bertha, so I thought I would post a picture of her.

Bertha is my 98 year old friend and mentor. We have been friends for the past 10 years and every time I visit I learn something new. Some of the lessons that she has taught me:

1- What goes around, comes around (both good and bad)
2- Use it up, wear it out, fix it up or do without.(she got married right during the depression and her and John would add to their house board by board as they could afford a new piece of lumber. Also note the paper plate behind her washed and in the dish rack -ready to be used again.)
3- Only go to the doctor if you want to get sick.
4- Endure to the end, physically and spiritually.
5- About a million other lessons too!

This is a picture of her stove - I just love it! She still throws wood and paper in the bottom and uses it every now and then.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Bertha sounds like an angel, she must be a good friend.