It was an incredible trip. Seeing all the Inca ruins, and knowing that much of the history in the Book of Mormon took place at these sites. It was amazing, the people were amazing and getting to walk the streets where Elder C is now serving was exciting, enlightening and emotional. No, I didn't get to see him - but it was tempting. We spent a few days right in Lima and I was tempted to hop in a cab and drive over to his area and just look around and hopefully run into him. Too bad my spanish isn't good enough to pull off such a stunt. Basically, I can ask where the bathroom is? Which I found to be useful phrase after eating a Saltena from a street vendor!
I am definitely going back - we always planned on going when Elder C finished his service. So I looked at this trip as my reconnaissance mission. The lady who planned the tour was amazing, she is a wife of an area seventy and has just started in the tour business. It was just my Mom and myself with our guide all over Peru. If anyone wants to plan a trip to Peru - let me know and I can put you in touch are director, the name is JTS Travel or Peruwondertours.com. Anyway I have a ton of pictures, I may have to post more later but here are a few....
Christ Statue in Cusco.
My feet overlooking Machu Picchu
More Machu Picchu - Go Granny!
Peruvian Mother and her two children in Ollantaytambo.
Tour operator with her family at some fountains in Lima.
I took this picture for Elder C.
Granny and me on the edge of the world. She was so nervous being this close to the edge and then when our guide handed me back the camera and started down the stairs behind us - she gave me a look like "You have got to be kidding?"
Bundled baby and Pervian weavers.
Traditional Pervian dinner or as my kids call them "pets"
2 comments:
Great photos! I need to get there. I can't believe Aunt L. stood that close to the edge. I'm so glad you went!!
Wasn't it great. Seeing those pictures made me want to go again.
Post a Comment