Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Quilt in a Series

I thought it would be cool to have some fun quilts up at the cabin. Especially in the basement where there are several beds lined up together. So I found a bunch of patterns I liked (that weren't too hard) and went shopping for fabric. This is the first top that I finished, I wanted to have lots of black and cabin looking colors. The original pattern was called "Summers at the Lake" with blue and lots of 40's prints but I think I will call this "Midnight on the Lake." Stay tuned for the next quilt in the series.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You've inspired me. I bought quilt material, oh, about 9 months ago to do a quilt for our cabin, but I've never done anything with it. Sad thing is I know it could never turn out a pretty and nice as your quilts do. I love it!

Emily S. said...

You pieced that quilt??! Amazing! I have to admit I don't sew - at all. I really admire those that do. How many quilts do you have to make??! Amazing!

Ammie G said...

Oh my that looks hard to me. Good job. I would love to come over and see it some time.

Jme said...

You inspire me too! I can't wait to see the next one!

Summer said...

Love, love your quilt, you are so absolutley amazing. Thank you for being the best Aunt ever and always making us feel so very welcome.