Monday, May 12, 2008
















We got to talk to Elder C yesterday, it was so great. He sounds happy and healthy, it was hard to have to say goodbye and actually hang up. We found out (after much probing) that he lives in an apartment with no heat, no hot water and he and his companions wash all their clothes in the sink. It's like a big camping trip and he is loving it. In his own words, " I just want to share a short experience I had yesterday at church. I was sitting next to Brother N, the old guy who I baptized on Saturday, and during sacrament meeting he tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I was the one who baptized him on Saturday. I told him yes, it was me and he stuck out his hand for me to shake it. I shook his hand and he told me that he was really grateful for me. I was overwhelmed. It was the coolest thing ever to know that the work I'm doing is helping people in their lives. He had me write my name on a piece of paper so that he could always remember. It was really cool, and I can't describe in words the joy that I felt at that moment."

No comments: