Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The First Baptism

In my missionary's own words, "On Saturday we had our first baptism!!! It was really the coolest thing ever. Missionaries have been visiting him for a while, and finally he made the choice. It was really awesome, he wanted me to baptize him! I was really nervous, especially because when we were getting ready before the service, our Mission President walked in!! It really was so awesome and I`m so glad he was there. It was on Saturday, during the baptism, that I really realized what missionary work was all about. It`s about loving people and helping them come unto Christ and change their lives through repentence, baptism, the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.

We have 2 more baptisms this Saturday and I can´t wait.!"

2 comments:

Jme said...

So, here come the tears....this is so great! Did you find out if he can get on your blog? If he can, way to go C! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Good thing he's wearing those toe-protector shoes to protect his big toes from any dangers in the Bolivian Baptistery!

Really though that's so awesome.
First baptism. wow. He's legit.