Monday, January 5, 2009

The Amazing Shrinking Slippers

These are the slippers before...



So a few weeks ago Granny dropped off a big box of yarn from about 30 years ago. I have been wondering what to do with it - then I found the perfect project - SLIPPER CLOGS! These are the most amazing knitted slippers ever. The girls and I have never really been knitters aside from a scarf. But with the help from a friend and an old box of wool yarn we made these cool felted slippers. You knit them and they look so huge that they could fit Hagid - then you throw them in the wash and they shrink down and turn into amazing FELTED CLOGS - like the kind you buy at REI or Kirkhams. Check out the before and after pictures. They were so fun to knit. If anyone wants to learn - let me know!

These are the finished project..... (Doodle and Boo have been knitting too)


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sign me up! They look fun.

Summer said...

Those look amazing, perfect sister's day project. Hopefully I will be up again soon.

Sadie said...

I think we need to plan a Bear Lake "Knit Wit" weekend! Even the little girls could do it.
What do you think?